Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Last few days in Paradise

I've been meaning to blog since the day we got here but either we are doing something awesome or I'm exhausted. We are doing something every minute of the day. Don't get me wrong I love it-i'm the one making everyone do all this stuff. I want to make sure we get all the fun we can get here. But by the end of the day I'm literally out. For example last night I went to bed at 8:00pm. To defend myself, we did go shoe shopping all day and then got home to a post muddy yard from a rainstorm and then my mom remembered she had to give my grandma her heart pills cause she ran out, no biggy, and I decided I wanted dulce de leche (best best dessert ever if you haven't tried it). Quick story with the dulce de leche. Since I was a little girl I have loved this specific dulce. I have tried brazilian argentianian, mexican and other honduran ones and none compare to this one. There is this sweet old lady down the road from where my grandma lives. She has been making it for years. When I was younger I would save up money and sneak out of the house and buy it and hide it so I wouln't have to share. This particular item was always included as one of my christmas and birthday presents either from my mom or my grandma. Here is a pic of what it looks like:

Back to our trip, we have been having the most amazing time. We went bowling the other night and to the surprise of everyone my dad was amazing. Stephen was amazing to but that was no surprise:) at least not for me. From game nights every night to exploring the area we have had so much fun. We especially loved a trip about an hour away to Valle de Angeles, a pueblo specifically for tourists. It was Honduras at it's best. Stephen loved it. We bought all bought stuff and walked around looking at little stands different artists have with awesome things they create themselves. We also had amazing food: three tacos, a gringa and a honduran drink. We also got to see a small horse show practice with gorgeous horses. My mom is amazing with horses, she rode all the time when she was younger. All the horses would let her get near them and touch them.
Only Marcela is missing:(
But she will be here on Friday!
This is how all the stores in Valle de angeles looked like.
 I wanted to buy everything and decorate my house.
If only I had a 6 foot suitcase...
This bracelet came from my favorite stand.
This guy takes copper and molds it like bracelets or rings
and then  puts little precious stones in them. 
Stephen makes a great Bob Marley:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online