Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hike Day

I have been hiking all my life and have gone on some awesome hikes, but today I went on one of the best hikes I've ever been to. It was as awesome as it was hard. It took us about 4 hours and the area was insane dangerous and hard. We literally had to jump from one huge rock to another. The first part of our journey was easy. It was pretty easy we walked through a long winded road for about 40 minutes. I thought "this is pretty easy" until we reached the mountain. The road, if you can call that a road, consisted of a bunch of rocks with about 4 inches of mud and cow poo. Did I add how steep it was? It was insane steep. That lasted for about 20 minutes. Then we hit the river. Oh sweet sweet river. It was fun at first but then we reached this huge rocks that we had to jump over. After about 30 minutes I broke down. I sat on a huge rock and refused to move on. I told my little brother, the guide of the hike, that as soon as we got home I was going to kill him. Every 5 minutes he said we were almost there but somehow almost there never got here. Finally my little sisters yelled "I can see it". I was so tired I forgot all about our destination. As soon as we got there I realized it was worth the hike. We were in a huge beautiful lake surrounded by trees and tundra. It was so peaceful, mother nature at her full. We all ripped our clothes of and jumped in. Well I made Stephen carry me in his arms but those are small technicalities. We had the best of times. We saw some awesome stuff on our way there from a huge bull just chilling to a tiny baby horse (which reminded me of Kristen). Now we are getting ready for an awesome game night. We'll see if I stay awake after our long hike. 


I wish I could relax just like this bull
We found this cutie next to the road with his mom

These are the little taxies in Tatumbla. I've added it to
my list of things to do.

Half way through the hike
For about 30 min of the hike this is what we
had to walk on. 
This is why I love Tatumbla

Destination point

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online