Saturday, August 11, 2012

El Zamorano and Maria's Reception

This weekend has been packed with stuff. Everyone is shuffling in and out of the house. Marce got here yesterday so the family is finally complete! (well almost complete we are missing Davidson). Poor Marcela got here and two hours later we were out to go to Maria's reception. Our cameras and phones were all dead so the first two pictures were all we could get. Which sucks cause it was amazing up there. It's a private super romantic restaurant up in El Hatillo, where I grew up. The view was amazing. Maria and her husband Jeff looked so happy, they reminded me of what a joy it is to be married. Stephen and I enjoyed the view so much and decided we are going to go up there someday on a date with Marcela and Davidson while grandma takes care of the gran kids. Stephen esta insoportable. We had to pull him away from the couples book because he was thinking of something inappropriate to write in it. Have I mentioned how loud my family is. Half of the time when we talk it sounds like we're fighting but that's just how we talk. Well I'm embarassed to say that all the reception we could be heard throughout the whole restaurant. Oh well what can we do atleast we had fun. 

The view was amazing the lights behind us are Tegucigalpa

Today was a very relaxed Saturday. We slept most of the morning, woke up and had some amazing breakfast and played some games. In the afternoon we went on a drive to get some ice cream to el Zamorano. El Zamorano is a little town with a very prestigious agricultural school. They make some of the best ice cream and dulce de leche I have ever had. We bought some ice cream and gathered around a picnic table and listened to grandma tell stories about her younger years. The drive back was a scary adventure. We hit huge rainstorm and could barely see the road. We made it through thanks to my grandma's inappropriate jokes. Being with my grandma reminds me alot of why I turned out the way I did. I am seriously gonna gain ten pounds down here. I have been eating so much! But what can I do I miss Honduran food sooo much. Stephen is soo funny. His Spanish has gotten so much better just in the past week. He is so smart and picks up all the stuff he hears my mom and siblings saying. Some of them not very appropriate...I can't wait to teach our kids Spanish, I hope they sounds as cute as their dad. I love being here with my family. Every day I am overwhelmed with gratitude for being able to be here with them. I forgot how funny and amazing everyone is.


We stopped by the road to buy some coconuts and
tiny Honduran bananas.

I eat this for breakfast every morning. I will needs tons of
Zumba when I get back...
Sweet Sweet Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online