Saturday, January 26, 2013

2013

2013 is a year worth blogging. Life has brought some pretty interesting things.

1. Numero uno would be bebe. We are expecting a baby July 13th! Best birthday gift I could have ever asked for:) The first three months were rough but honestly after hearing other people's experiences I had it easy. Now that I feeling better, pregnancy is starting to get pretty fun. Right now bebe is the size of an avocado (appropriate comparison since he is Hispanic) 4 and 1/2 inches long and 3 and 1/2 ounzes. he has limbs and his scalp is starting to pattern. He is even starting to grow toenails! For some reason the toenail thing is so cute to me:) I also found out that bebe can start hearing our voices so of course I have introduced him to the world of music. Our current choices are disney, classical/spiritual, and of course musica latina. Everyday we dance to shakira, ricardo arjona or daddy yankee. I want to start singing to him but Stephen won't let me. I don't get why.  You might be wondering how I know so much about bebe. I have this awesome app on my phone that  sends me weekly reports about what is happening that week. It's pretty awesome.

Husband: when you get pregnant make sure that you pick an awesome husband. He needs to understand the long suffering part of charity. Because let me tell you, at least for us, the pregnancy has been harder on Stephen. Since I have been practically useless he has had to take over cooking, washing the dishes, doing laundry, and cleaning on top of his internship, graveyard shift at work, and 15 credits at school. Seriously my man is a hero. Oh and did I mention he caters my every whim? First, I get weird craving at inconvenient times. Examples, sushi(cooked of course),pizza for a week straight, strawberry smoothies from Burger King, and mangos muchos muchos mangos. I hate chicken and can't get near the trash. Oh and I have waves of exhaustion were I take 2-3 hour naps randomly. The other night I was craving sweets just as he left for the library at like 9 pm. I fell asleep and completely forgot about it. Next morning I wake up to a chocolate bar with a cute cheesy note attached to it. I love him.
But when I start feeling guilty I remember a story our financial aid counselor told us. Completely inappropriate story to hear from your counselor so of course I loved it. Two college students are having a baby. The wife is in labor and the husband is holding her hand. The wife keeps screaming  she wants an epidural but the husband keeps saying, "come on baby push through it we could could save 400 bucks!" finally the doctors turns and kindly tells the husband, "put your manly parts between a door and then slam the door against them ten times. That is a tenth of what your wife is feeling  right now. Get her the freaking epidural!" Moral of the story: I deserve to be spoiled.

Familia: Bebe is a big big deal in both families. First gran kid in both families and also the first great gran kid in my family. So you can imagine the excitement. We spent all Christmas break at Stephen's parents coming up with names. I loved hearing pregnancy stories from both Stephen's mom and grandma.When we were trying to get pregnant my grandma would call me on Sundays to tell me that she had heard Sundays were a good day to make babies...Before we left Honduras she made Stephen promise he would work hard on giving her a gran kid. Stephen happily accepted;) Everyone knew we were trying but my dad, so when we told them we were pregnant he didn't talk the whole time. Raquel says he left to his room and cried. Everyone back home is waiting for bebe. Grandma is knitting blankets and my mom and sister are getting ready to come in June for about 2 months. I am so blessed to have such an amazing family. Bebe is in for a treat.
Me: i finally have a pregnant belly. I discovered it this week. I usually wear baggy clothes so I somehow missed it but on Wednesday I was getting dressed and boom there it was. I love it! Can't wait to start using some cute maternity clothes. Keep growing bebe!
:

2. Numero dos is kind of scary but awesome. Two weeks ago I got called to be the Relief Society President in my ward. I am usually a pretty confident person but this one caught me completely off guard. The phrase, "the Lord doesn't call the qualified, he qualifies those he calls," has so so much more meaning to me. I remember sitting in bishop's office and being out of words. I'm pretty sure bishop is the only person in the world who thinks I am quiet. Although it is a bit overwhelming I am so excited and grateful for such a privilege. I am part of an amazing ward and can't wait to see what this calling will bring into my life. Sometime last week I was feeling pretty stressed so I decided to go read a talk about being a Relief Society President. In the talk sister Beck said something like, "when you do what the Lord asks, angels will help you minister, and you will be part of miracles in other people's lives." This quote brought peace and reassurance to my heart. I have two amazing counselors and a secretary and with the Lord's help we will do great things. Already I have grown so much. 

Well that's it for now but we can say los Wells are going to have a busy but amazing year. Honestly life is more worth living when you feel productive and needed. Can't wait to see what other surprises this year brings. Maybe we will get a dog or something. THAT would be unexpected. 




2 comments:

  1. Oh my word!!!! So happy for you two! Yea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it. Keep posting. I'll start calling you President now. La presidenta.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online